Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just an update.

Childcare is not something I'm willing to gamble on. It's not a "roll of the dice," situation for me. Currently, I'm searching for new childcare for Hannah and it has not been an easy task. Prayers in this matter are absolutely needed and very much appreciated.

The spurs beat out New Orleans! It absolutely made my day, although I never doubted for a minute that they would be there. Pop is really leading his men to victory and I'm going to watch the whole way. A friend in the newsroom told me that he wouldn't watch the NBA finals because only "boring teams" would be there. I happen to think that if you have a winning program, you should expect to win and people should expect you to win...it speaks for itself. =)

Tonight is the end of my high rollers league in bowling. Do you ever notice bowling is a seriously blue-collar sport, but all the high rollers make a lot of money? On average, with league fees, I spend about $30 a week on bowling. That's a lot of money when you're poor, particularly when you're poor and need to put gas in the car. The high rollers, however, aren't your blue collar bowlers...they pay off all of their bowling when the league starts-- and for those of you who don't know, fall leagues last an average of 34 weeks. Anyway, it's the position round (the round that determines what place my team will come in) and I'm hoping that we'll be whoopin' some butt! My team name is Double Threat and are we ever! Next week, after everything's been tallied, we'll make money based on our place. Here we come 4th! (There's no way we would have been in the top three...it's those high rollers I was telling you about). 4th out of 25 teams is pretty good...

This was just an update. I'll be more insightful on a particular subject in my next blog. Until next time...God bless you and yours.

No comments: